Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Few things in life are as rewarding as having children. However, the physical demands of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a significant toll on your body. Even exercise and a healthy diet are often not enough to restore your pre-pregnancy body. For many women, the solution is a Mommy Makeover. At his Naples and Fort Myers, FL practice, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kent V. Hasen specializes in Mommy Makeover procedures.
To learn how a personalized Mommy Makeover procedure can enhance your look, we invite you to contact us for more information or schedule your consultation online. By registering online, you can take advantage of special consultation savings. You can also call us at (239) 262-5662.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
At Dr. Hasen’s practice, Mommy Makeover surgery is popular with women from Bonita Springs, Punta Gorda, Marco Island, and throughout southwest Florida who want to improve multiple areas, especially those most affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding. You may be a good candidate if you are:
- In good overall health
- Not planning to have more children
- No longer breastfeeding
- Not trying to lose a significant amount of weight
Whether your children are young or grown, or you have never had children, a Mommy Makeover with Dr. Hasen might be just what you need to renew your appearance and your confidence.
Because a Mommy Makeover involves multiple surgical procedures combined in a single operation, Dr. Hasen meticulously plans the surgery to ensure it proceeds efficiently and safely. That planning begins with your initial consultation. Here are a few of the things you can expect to do at your first visit with Dr. Hasen.
- Have a physical exam and medical history review
- Share your concerns with him directly without feeling rushed
- Learn about procedures that may provide the improvements you want
- Review before & after photos of his actual Mommy Makeover patients
- Discuss what to expect during surgery and recovery
- Receive a written estimate of the cost for the procedure
What’s A Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover includes a combination of breast enhancement and body contouring procedures designed to help reverse the physical impacts of pregnancy and breastfeeding. During your consultation, Dr. Hasen will develop a surgical plan that best suits your needs and may include the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation is a popular choice for moms who lose breast volume after pregnancy and breastfeeding, and end up with smaller breasts than before motherhood. This procedure can restore your breasts to their former size or give you the size you have always wanted.
- Breast lift surgery can restore pre-pregnancy perkiness and reshape stretched nipples and areolas. Dr. Hasen can combine breast lift with implants to enhance both the shape and size of your breasts.
- A tummy tuck is part of just about every Mommy Makeover Dr. Hasen performs because pregnancy puts a great deal of strain on the abdominal skin and muscles. This procedure can remove loose, wrinkled skin and the accompanying stretchmarks, and improve the appearance of a C-section scar. In addition, moms that have a tummy bulge can have their abdominal muscles repaired to restore a slimmer, flatter waist and abdomen.
- Liposuction is used to remove stubborn fat from the waist, tummy, hips, thighs, back, and other trouble spots.
- Labiaplasty reshapes and repairs elongated or stretched labia, which some women have regardless of whether or not they have been pregnant. Dr. Hasen also uses fat grafting to restore fullness to the outer labia. Some women also consider Votiva, a nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to gently heat vaginal tissue and spur renewed tightness.
Although breast and body procedures are common components of most Mommy Makeovers, you can choose any combination you desire, as long as it is deemed safe. A Brazilian butt lift, which adds fullness to the buttocks using the patient’s own fat, is an increasingly popular option. Your procedure could also include facial options or non-surgical medical spa services. Dr. Hasen discusses what options can be safely combined for each patient during the consultation.
Advantages of Mommy Makeovers
Women visit Dr. Hasen for Mommy Makeover surgery to restore their pre-pregnancy shape or look even better than before. There are numerous advantages to combining procedures:
- Attaining all of the improvements you want with a single surgery
- Avoiding repeated exposures to anesthesia
- Limiting downtime and time off work to a single period
- Savings from consolidating costs such as anesthesia and other fees
Tour Our Surgery Center
We'll admit it: We love our surgical center as much as our patients do. The 7,600-square-foot facility, opened in 2016, reflects the blend of aesthetics, technology, and attention to detail at the heart of Dr. Hasen's world-class plastic surgery practice.Tour the Facility
Dr. Hasen typically performs Mommy Makeover surgery in our fully accredited, on-site, private surgery suite. Anesthesia is administered under the care of our board-certified anesthetist (CRNA). The amount of time for the surgery varies with the procedures you are having performed. Most patients return home the day of surgery. We do offer the option of an overnight stay in our private aftercare facility under the care of a registered nurse.
Less Pain With Exparel®Dr. Hasen is pleased to provide his tummy tuck patients with EXPAREL pain relief, a medication administered during surgery that prevents discomfort for 72 hours.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Your recovery is not necessarily longer because you’ve had multiple procedures done. As with any surgery, the recovery itself varies from patient to patient, and with the specific procedures performed. The specialized approach Dr. Hasen takes for tummy tuck patients is also employed for women getting a Mommy Makeover. That approach includes a medication injected during surgery called EXPAREL® that provides pain control for 72 hours. He also uses a “no drains” technique that allows patients to stand upright within a day or 2 of surgery and avoids additional scars. Dr. Hasen offers Silagen® scar refinement products to help incisions heal with minimal scarring.
Recovery from breast augmentation and liposuction procedures is typically shorter than from a tummy tuck. Dr. Hasen provides you with detailed postoperative instructions that address unique aspects of recovery following a Mommy Makeover.
Will I Have a Scar From My Mommy Makeover?
You will have scars from your breast procedure, tummy tuck, and any other surgical procedure, but these are concealed beneath underwear or swimsuits. As for the tummy tuck scar, it is made below the panty line and is slightly shorter for those women who undergo a mini tummy tuck. For women who have had a c-section, we can often repurpose or remove that scar during a tummy tuck.
Women who get a Mommy Makeover are some of the most satisfied patients who come to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples. Mothers are pleased they can once again wear clothes they haven’t worn since pre-pregnancy, and typically tell us they feel more confident about their bodies.