Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Laser Hair Removal
Many men and women alike are annoyed by the constant maintenance of face and body hair. Trimming, shaving, waxing, plucking, and other methods can be uncomfortable and time-consuming — not to mention costly. Laser hair removal at our Naples med spa near Fort Myers, Florida, frees patients from the daily commitment of hair removal.
Shop SkinMedica® Online
Purchase your favorite SkinMedica products from the comfort of your home through Brilliant Connections™. Shop Dr. Hasen’s online store and choose from a broad selection of medical-grade skincare essentials that will be shipped straight to you.Shop Now
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Men and women who are bothered by the presence of unwanted hair on their faces, arms, legs, bikini areas, chests, backs, and more make good candidates.
- People who are frustrated by the pain, expense, and time required for other hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing, and plucking can consider laser hair removal.
- It’s important patients understand the limitations of the procedure. Although laser hair removal will not leave an area completely hairless, it can significantly reduce the amount of unwanted hair in a given area.
- Patients should be able to commit to a course of several treatment sessions. Due to hair’s natural growth cycle, multiple treatments are recommended for the best results.
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment Areas for Women & Men
- We use the InMode Optimus advanced laser hair removal device, which combines high peak power with large spot size to efficiently target hair follicles in the treatment area.
- The InMode Optimus technology is safe to use on virtually any area of the body that has unwanted hair. The most common treatment areas include the bikini area, legs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, and chin.
- The handheld laser device cools the skin as the treatment is performed, ensuring patients experience very little discomfort.
Need Help Finding the Right Treatment?
When it comes to medical spa treatments, your choices are plentiful…and possibly overwhelming. Our interactive treatment planner can help. Just select the skin condition you want to address, and you’ll see a list of possible treatment options. Having beautiful skin has never been so easy.Plan Your Treatment
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Shave the targeted areas within 24 hours of treatment.
- Do not wax, pluck, or use hair removal products two weeks before your treatment.
- Keep your skin as light as possible. Stay out of the sun and tanning beds, and stop using self-tanners at least two weeks in advance.
- The length of time required for a hair removal session varies depending on the area treated. Small areas like the chin may take only a few minutes.
- During the procedure, Dr. Hasen or his physician assistant, Brandie, applies a laser handpiece to the area of unwanted hair. He or she adjusts the laser’s settings based on the color and quality of your hair.
- Laser energy is directed through the handpiece and into the unwanted hair in short bursts. The pigment in the hair absorbs the energy, which destroys the follicle to prevent future hair growth. The technology used in laser hair removal is similar to that of IPL.
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Although laser hair removal is not painful, some patients describe the sensation as a light pinch or sting, similar to snapping a rubber band against the skin.
Our one-of-a-kind, board-certified physician assistant combines her medical training with extensive aesthetic training to provide nonsurgical treatments ranging from injectables and laser skin resurfacing to CoolSculpting® and Ultherapy®. Our patients love Brandie!Get to know Brandie
Special Offers & EventsLearn More
- Patients can return to their normal activities as soon as the treatment session is complete. The treated skin may appear flushed and feel mildly sore for a day or so.
- We advise patients to stay out of the sun during their treatments in order to avoid undue irritation.
- Patients may shave in between treatments but should avoid waxing, plucking, and other hair removal methods that involve the hair’s root.
- In the long-term, laser hair removal patients enjoy freedom from shaving, waxing, and tweezing. Their skin stays smooth, soft, and free of unwanted hair indefinitely.
Laser Hair Removal FAQ
Is the hair gone permanently?
The laser reduces hair growth permanently. You may need periodic maintenance treatments to treat follicles that are not completely disabled. Many patients find that any hair that regrows is lighter and finer than it was originally.
How many sessions are needed to see real results?
The number of sessions needed varies with the density and quality of the hair being treated. Most patients need 6 to 8 sessions, each spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart, to attain satisfying results.
Will it remove 100% of my hair?
While laser treatments cannot remove all unwanted hair permanently, a series of treatments allows most patients to be free from having to regularly shave, wax, pluck, or use other hair removal methods.
Is it worth it?
Most patients find the time and money they invest in laser hair removal worth the freedom they gain.
What happens if I forget to shave before my appointment?
Hair that remains above the surface of the skin can heat up and cause pain or even burns during laser hair removal. If you arrive with hair or stubble that needs to be shaved, we will take care of it for you—if time allows.
A Reputation Built on Results
Our Patients Say It Best
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Kent V. Hasen, MD, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.