Tumescent and Ultrasonic Liposuction for Naples and Fort Myers
Dr. Hasen offers liposuction to his Naples and Fort Myers, FL patients who wish to achieve a slimmer, more toned body. Liposuction can be performed on in several areas of the body, including the abdomen, arms, thighs and neck.
If you are seriously considering liposuction and live near our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or schedule your consultationschedule your consultation online. By registering online, you can take advantage of special consultation savings. You can also call us at (239) 262-5662.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients living near Naples who desire a more youthful and contoured silhouette
- Patients who wish to look and fit better in clothing and swimsuits
- Patients who want to get rid of "bra bulges" above the breasts near the armpits
- Patients with localized fatty deposits that don't respond to diet and exercise
- Patients with good skin elasticity
- Dr. Hasen operates in our fully accredited, private surgery suite in Naples, Florida. He usually uses a local anesthetic supplemented by mild sedation or general anesthesia.
- Tumescent anesthetic involves placing a dilute lidocaine solution directly into the treatment area. This advanced technique eliminates pain during the procedure as well as greatly reducing post-operative pain and bruising.
- The procedure takes about 2 to 6 hours depending on the amounts and locations.
- The incisions are small (1/4 inch) and very inconspicuous, usually located in a crease or under garment lines.
- The procedure involves the removal of fat via suction. It does not disturb the overlying skin, the deep muscles and ligaments, or the nerves and blood vessels in between.
- Dr. Hasen offers ultrasonic liposuction in addition to the tumescent technique.
- Small instruments connected to suction are used to vacuum out the fat carefully and artistically.
- No drains are used.
- A compression garment is worn intermittently for 4 to 6 weeks following the procedure. Pads are used over the liposuction sites and under the compression garment for the first 3 days.
- Liposuction can be combined with other plastic surgery procedures.
Click thumbnails below for larger view or click here for more cases on Liposuction
The before and after pictures above depict ACTUAL PATIENTS of Naples Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kent V. Hasen. Your results may vary.
- You can go home after several hours or a stay overnight.
- You can shower the next day.
- You will likely experience only minimal pain that is mostly gone by the end of the first week and easily controlled by medication.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week and disappears rapidly thereafter.
- Minimal bruising is common.
- You will experience some grogginess, which will persist for about a week.
- You can resume many activities within the first week, and most (including exercise) by the third week.
- Stitches may be removed 7 to 10 days after surgery.
- You can expect to be away from work anywhere from 1 to 7 days. Some patients return to work the next day.
- You will have a more beautiful, balanced and proportioned contour, which can be seen immediately and continues to improve.
- You can be more confident and comfortable with your appearance.
- If you gain weight, you will likely not gain much in the treated areas.
- You can be more confident and comfortable in clothing, especially revealing clothing.
- You may experience extensive shaping of your mid-body if you combine liposuction with a tummy tuck.
- The results should be permanent, especially if you maintain your weight.