Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients with the diagnosis of cancer who plan to remove the breast and desire immediate reconstruction in Naples.
- Patients with an absence or abnormality of the breast for whatever reason including cancer, infection, trauma or congenital.
- Patients who are not obese or heavy smokers.
*Your results may vary.
WARNING: This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Breast Reconstruction Before & After Photos
This 59 year old Naples woman with left breast cancer is shown before and after she underwent tissue expansion followed by implant reconstruction, nipple areolar reconstruction and tattooing by Dr. Kent Hasen. Additionally, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Hasen performed a small breast reduction/lift of the right breast to achieve better symmetry.
This 59 year old Naples woman who had mastectomy of the left breast with immediate tissue expander placement by Dr. Kent Hasen. She then underwent in-office expansion at Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Naples. The before and after photos demonstrate the results after a second breast reconstruction procedure in which Dr. Hasen removed the tissue expander and placed a long-term silicone gel implant. Additionally, Naples based Plastic Surgeon Dr. Hasen performed a right breast lift (mastopexy) for symmetry.
55 year old female from Naples, Florida with left breast cancer is shown before and after she underwent bilateral mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction with an inverted T incision and post-op adjustable saline breast implants by Dr. Kent Hasen.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
The ProcedureDefining theNew You
A free image
consultation will help flatter your new features after surgery.
- General anesthesia is used and it takes anywhere from one to six hours.
- The reconstruction can be performed using an implant, natural tissues from the back and abdomen, or fat taken from another area of the body.
- Implant reconstructions involve an implant placed at the time of mastectomy or later. It may be the only surgery required, or may be done in several stages. It begins with the insertion of a tissue expander, which is then inflated to stretch out the skin, and later replaced with breast implants to achieve augmentation for Fort Myers patients.
- Natural tissue reconstruction involves borrowing skin, fat and muscle from the back or abdomen (TRAM flap) and transferring it to the breast area.
- Reconstruction using fat transfer involves harvesting fat from the abdomen, thighs, or buttocks through liposuction, then injecting it into the breasts for smooth, natural-looking enhancement.
- Incisions depend on the size and contour of the breast and are slightly conspicuous. They can often be hidden around the areolae and in the lower breast crease, or previous incisions can be used.
- The surgery for reconstruction may sometimes involve several stages. The nipple and areola may be reconstructed at a later date. It depends on your anatomy.
- A careful exam of the breast tissue is undertaken to make sure no abnormalities are present and full cancer screening and evaluation is done prior to surgery.
- Drains are used for the first several days, and these are removed painlessly in the office.
While patient experiences, recovery generally proceeds as follows after surgery:
- You can go home after several hours or stay overnight.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- You will feel very groggy for the first two days and weak for about ten days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Usually only very mild bruising.
- Breasts are square shaped for the first three weeks then settle into a very normal rounded position.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by the third week.
After breast reconstruction, patients enjoy a variety of benefits, which may include one or more of the following:
- A natural appearance in clothing.
- Symmetry between the two breasts.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved sense of wholeness.