There are several ways to slow down the aging process. At my plastic surgery practice near Fort Myers, I offer a variety of surgical and non-surgical techniques to help my patients maintain their youthful qualities. Here are my 5 tips for looking your best at any age.
- Take care of your skin. A good skincare regimen should start early and continue daily for best results. Choosing professional skincare products such as SkinCeuticals, Obagi® or SkinMedica® will improve your skin condition and help skin cells function optimally.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Environmental damage plays a huge role in how quickly your skin ages. Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 every day (rain or shine) is the best preventive measure for warding off sun damage.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Your lifestyle habits influence how you age. By eating a well-balanced diet, avoiding smoking, and maintaining a regular exercise program, you can add years to your life and take years off your appearance.
- Invest in medical aesthetic treatments. Nonsurgical procedures such as injections, lasers, peels and light treatments are a great way to look younger without a lot of downtime. These procedures are less invasive than surgery and can be used to smooth wrinkles, erase age spots and more.
- Consider surgery when the time is right. Plastic surgery is still the gold standard when it comes to maintaining a young, refreshed look. Procedures such as face lift, eyelid surgery and brow lift can take anywhere from 5 to 10 years off your appearance.
Leave a Reply