Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients in the Naples area who have an abundant amount of lower abdomen skin and/or fat.
- Patients who developed loose skin and stretch marks from pregnancy or large weight loss.
- Patients with excess skin folds of the abdomen.
- Patients who have a bulge or protuberance in the lower abdomen that comes from weakened stomach muscles.
If you are seriously considering a tummy tuck in Naples or Fort Myers, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- We use epidural anesthesia or deep IV sedation, and it takes about three hours.
- We perform the "no drain" tummy tuck, a technique designed to help you recover more quickly and easily.
- We use a bikini incision hidden low on the abdomen so it can be concealed even by very revealing attire.
- Our drain-free abdominoplasty uses progressive tension sutures (PTS), which anchor the skin to the underlying tissue. This method speeds up the recovery process and lessens discomfort.
- Excess fat is removed, and excess skin is tightened. If needed, muscle separation that may have resulted from pregnancy or weight loss is repaired.
- The belly button is sutured from underneath the flap, enhancing its appearance.
- A large, fluffy dressing is needed for the first couple of days.
- Through the same abdominoplasty incision, prominent lower ribs can be contoured or breast implants can be placed. This can be combined with other surgeries such as a hysterectomy, liposuction, or breast implants.
- You can go home after a short recovery period with an adult who can assist you at home, or we can arrange for a home nurse to stay with you overnight.
- Our quick recovery method for abdominoplasty for Fort Myers and Naples patients means there is no need for drains or pressure garments. This simplifies the healing process.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Quick recovery tummy tuck results in less pain. You may experience mild pain for the first two days, but it is easily managed with medication.
- The "no drain" tummy tuck procedure allows you to stand upright within a day or two of your surgery, and you can walk soon after your surgery.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Typically, only mild bruising occurs following tummy tuck for Fort Myers and Naples patients.
- You may resume many activities after the first week, and most by the third week.
- Stitches will be removed between seven and ten days.
- You will be off of work for seven to fourteen days.
- Drain-free abdominoplasty means there will be no additional scarring at the drain site.
- Firmer, flatter, more contoured abdomen.
- Better fit in clothing and the ability to wear smaller sizes.
- Very natural result that improves over time.
- A natural and presentable appearance after the first week, with continual improvement expected over the next three to six months.