Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation patients at our Naples, Florida, practice are some of our most satisfied clients. They typically enjoy physical benefits, as well as enhanced confidence and feelings of femininity. Dr. Hasen's compassionate, kind demeanor puts them at ease, and helps them to feel comfortable talking candidly about a somewhat sensitive topic.
Feminine rejuvenation procedures are growing in popularity, and we offer both surgical and nonsurgical options. Whether your goals are improved sexual enjoyment or simply a fresher, younger appearance, our customized approach can make it happen.Before & After
How the Female Body Changes
Throughout her life, a woman's body is subject to a variety of different influences, each of which play a role in how she ages and develops. The hormonal fluctuations of adolescence, pregnancy, and menopause, as well as the physical demands of carrying and delivering a child, can each take their toll. The delicate tissues that make up the female genitalia are especially susceptible to these changes, which can cause both physical and emotional discomfort.
To understand your options for improving this area, it's important to understand the nuances of female anatomy.
- Labia majora: Also called the "outer labia," these are the larger, softer "lips" that enclose the and protect the other structures of the genitals. Some women may feel that these lips are too prominent, while others would like to increase volume that's been lost due to the aging process.
- Labia minora: These smaller "inner lips" sit on either side of the vaginal opening. They naturally come in a wide variety of colors and lengths. Occasionally, women with very elongated or irregularly shaped labia minora opt to reduce them for added comfort during exercise and sex.
- Vagina: Although many people call the entire genital structure the "vagina," this is not technically correct. The term "vagina" refers only to the canal that connects the uterus to the exterior of the body.
- Clitoris: The exterior, visible portion of the clitoris is called the "clitoral head" and is more or less the size and shape of a pea. It sits above the vaginal opening. Most of the clitoris is inside the body. The visible part of the clitoris is at least partially covered by the clitoral hood. This piece of tissue can be surgically reduced to maximize sexual enjoyment and improve the appearance.
- Mons pubis: This is the fleshy, soft "mound" that protects the pubic bone. Dr. Hasen can add or reduce its volume depending on your needs.
- Vulva: This is a collective term that refers to the external genitalia.
Whether you wish to improve your genitalia's form, function, or both, Dr. Hasen can help create a plan that meets your goals.
Labiaplasty is a broad term that describes any procedure that relates to the labia majora or labia minora. Although both the labia majora and labia minora come in a wide spectrum of "normal," a woman may feel self-conscious of especially prominent labia, or lips that have lost volume and softness with age. Excessively elongated labia minora can be a source of physical discomfort, often inhibiting women from fully enjoying certain types of exercise and even sex. The labiaplasty procedures that Dr. Hasen offers include a simple reduction of the labia minora, which removes excess tissue or creates a symmetrical appearance. Dr. Hasen offers labiaplasty both under deep IV sedation anesthesia as well as under local anesthesia with oral sedating medications for those who want to avoid anesthesia.
This nonsurgical procedure has dramatically improved clinical options for women with many common age-related changes. Using carefully directed radiofrequency energy, ThermiVa encourages the growth and development of new collagen. This can help reduce may symptoms, including:
- Laxity or a sensation of looseness
- Ongoing vaginal dryness
- Episodes of urinary incontinence, especially when laughing or sneezing
- Diminished enjoyment of sex
ThermiVa can be used to help retract the clitoral hood, thereby improving the sexual experience. One particularly appealing aspect of the procedure is that it doesn't require any sort of downtime or recovery. The ThermiVa procedure typically takes less than a half hour and is performed in a series of 3 treatments spaced 1-2 months apart.
Liposuction & Fat Grafting
These options can help remove, add, or redistribute fat. This is typically performed on the labia majora or mons pubis, both areas that feature substantial fat padding. Fullness and volume in these areas correspond with a youthful appearance, and many women enjoy the soft look and feel. On the other hand, very prominent labia majora or mons pubis can be a source of embarrassment for some women, especially in swimwear or tight-fitting clothing. A bit of liposuction can reduce volume and significantly improve comfort.Curious About Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery?
See what Dr. Hasen can do for you. Browse our online photo gallery of Dr. Hasen's real vaginal surgery patients.
Feminine rejuvenation procedures are often performed as part of Mommy Makeover for women who want to restore their pre-baby bodies. Ask Dr. Hasen about combining procedures during your consultation.