Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Nose Reshaping / Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty at our Naples practice may help you achieve improved facial balance. Dr. Kent V. Hasen shapes, straightens, and corrects nasal deformities to help blend the nose with the rest of the facial features for a more harmonious appearance.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Rhinoplasty is ideal for those who are concerned with the appearance of their noses.
- Men and women who feel their nose is: long, large, hooked, or has a bump or bulbous tip.
- Patients whose nose is out of proportion with the rest of the facial features.
- Men and women with difficulty breathing or continued sinus drainage.
- Patients who want to achieve a softened, delicate, and balanced nasal appearance.
If you are seriously considering rhinoplasty near Fort Myers, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping) Before & After Photos
30 year old female who sought nasal reshaping (rhinoplasty) by Naples, Florida based cosmetic plastic surgeon, Kent V. Hasen, M.D. The patient did not like the appearance of her nose before surgery. She was concerned with the dorsal hump of the nose as well as the plunging tip which she felt looked masculine. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Hasen, helped elevate the tip of the nose and removed the bump on the dorsum of the nose to give her a better profile view. The patient 's pre and post-operative rhinoplasty photos are shown at 3 months after open rhinoplasty.
19 year old female who sought correction of her nasal appearance by Kent V. Hasen, M.D. She was concerned with the appearance of her nose, mainly the dorsal hump and the boxy tip. The patient consulted with Dr. Hasen, Naples based aesthetic cosmetic surgeon who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The patient had close friends that referred her to Dr. Hasen after having cosmetic surgery in Naples themselves. Dr. Hasen recommended open technique for her rhinoplasty in Naples to best sculpt the tip of the nose and precisely lower the hump...
This young man was concerned with the appearance of his nose after a childhood injury. He sought the rhinoplasty expertise of Kent V. Hasen, M.D. who is a board certified plastic surgeon in Naples, Florida. Dr. Hasen is fellowship trained in cosmetic surgery. He specializes in cosmetic facial and nose surgery. Dr. Hasen reconstructed this patient's nose with cartilage from his nasal septum. The patient wanted the tip to have more shape to it and to rotate upwards some. This was accomplished by Dr. Kent Hasen by an open rhinoplasty technique which allows for excellent exposure of the underlying structure of the nose.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Before Your Surgery
- Rhinoplasty is done under general anesthesia and the surgery takes two to three hours.
- Very well concealed incisions are made inside the nostrils, and occasionally across the lower midsection.
- Excess bone and cartilage is removed, reshaped, or redistributed. The skin molds down around this rearranged framework to arrive at the final cosmetic appearance.
- The septal cartilage in the middle of the nose is removed or molded to allow for better breathing.
- Packing is seldom required.
- A splint is applied over the nose for a week to hold the tissues in place and decrease swelling.
- A chin implant often compliments this procedure and improves the profile.
While patient experiences vary, in general you can expect the following progression after your surgery:
- You can return home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Some congestion and nasal drip for two to three days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising between the eyes and cheeks which peaks at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by the third week.
- Stitches are removed at seven days.
- Off of work for three to seven days.
Rhinoplasty results vary between individuals and may include one or more of the following improvements:
- Natural look without the "operated" or "nose job" appearance of the older techniques.
- A softened and beautiful balance to compliment your other facial features and proportions.
- Lasts the rest of your life, and looks better than if you did not have the nose reshaping surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance after the first week that continues to improve over the next six to nine months.