Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Neck Lift & Liposuction
Many men and women begin to notice the first signs of aging in the delicate skin of their necks. This area, which is particularly susceptible to sun damage, can show its age well before the rest of the face with fine lines, sagging, excess fat, or a "crepey" texture. Kent V. Hasen, M.D., offers several different options for improving the look of the neck, including neck liposuction and neck lift surgery for his Naples and Fort Myers, Florida-area patients.
Neck Lift Before & After Photos
This 81 year old female from Naples, Florida sought minimally invasive surgery to help the aging look of her neck. She did not like the prominent bands in the middle of her neck under her chin and the sagging, crepey skin. She consulted with Dr. Kent Hasen of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Med Spa of Naples who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face. He proposed Precision TX laser neck lift with open platysmaplasty to help the bands. This procedure is done under local anesthesia and only takes 1 1/2 hours. The recovery is very quick and pain is minimal. The tightening improves over a 6 month period....
This 75 year old man was concerned with the appearance of his neck despite prior male facial cosmetic surgery. He did not like the excessive amount of skin and fat under his chin creating a "turkey gobbler". The patient had several friends and family members that were all happy prior patients of Naples cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Kent Hasen. Kent V. Hasen, MD is a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face in Naples, Florida.
This 44 year old Naples woman was concerned with the appearance of her neck. She tried weight loss, diet and exercise, but could not lose the excess skin and fat under her chin. She considered neck lift, but is very active and could not afford the down time. She was excited when Kent V. Hasen, MD - board certiifed plastic surgeon in Naples, Florida offered a minimally invasive laser neck procedure called Precision TX. Dr. Hasen is the first plastic surgeon in Naples to offer this type of laser neck lift with minimal down time and can be performed under local anesthesia as well. The patient actually cried the first time she saw her before and 1 week after ph...
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Are You a Candidate?
Excess fat and sagging skin around the neck have varied causes. However, you may be a candidate for neck lift surgery or liposuction of the neck if you're bothered by any of the following:
- A loss of definition in your chin or neck
- A loose, "turkey wattle" appearance
- Vertical neck bands
Dr. Hasen works closely with you to treat your specific concerns and develop a plan for the results you want.
- Good candidates for neck lift surgery are people who wish to treat excess sagging skin in addition to fat deposits around the neck, which are often attributable to aging.
- Neck lift surgery is often performed in conjunction with facelift, although it can also be performed as a single procedure depending on the patient's wishes.
- Neck lift incisions are quite discreet and typically placed behind the ears, below the jaw, or both.
- Dr. Hasen may remove excess fat via liposuction. He also tightens loose neck muscles and surgically removes excess skin for a smoother contour.
- Dr. Hasen provides patients with bandages and support garments to promote good healing in the days following surgery.
- Swelling, bruising, and soreness are normal. Dr. Hasen prescribes pain medicine and advises patients to keep their heads upright for several days to minimize swelling.
- Most neck lift patients return to work within 2 weeks, with final results developing over the course of a month or so. Patients enjoy smoother, younger-looking necks that blend beautifully with their faces and bodies.
PrecisionTx™ Laser Liposuction and Neck Lift
- PrecisionTx is a minimally invasive, state-of-the-art laser treatment for sagging skin and fat deposits in the neck and lower face.
- Good candidates are people who are bothered by mild to moderate facial aging or people who may not want to undergo traditional neck or facelift surgery.
- The procedure requires only local anesthesia and lasts about 90 minutes.
- Dr. Hasen begins by making small, short incisions beneath the jaw.
- He inserts a thin tube with a laser connected to its end. Dr. Hasen directs this laser to unwanted fat, safely melting it. This fat is then suctioned out with a very small tube called a cannula.
- Dr. Hasen then points the laser upward to target sagging skin. The laser energy causes skin to contract and promotes collagen growth for long-term results.
- PrecisionTx patients can return home immediately following treatment, and most return to work after the dressing is removed at 6 days.
- Some patients notice immediate results, but the ultimate outcome of PrecisionTx takes several months to develop. During this time, the skin's quality tightens and improves.
- Although PrecisionTx will not yield results quite as dramatic as traditional surgery, the results are very natural-looking, noticeable, and long-lasting. As an alternative for those who are concerned about the fat that causes a double chin, we also offer KYBELLA® injections to reduce that fat. Some patients choose to enhance their improved looks with injectables or other nonsurgical treatments, such as Thermage® and Ultherapy®.
Complementing Your Results
For many of Dr. Hasen's neck lift patients, the face also shows signs of aging. By combining facial procedures with neck lift in a single surgery, patients can maximize their results — for a more transformative result. A few popular options:
- Facelift, which adds definition to the jawline and chin while improving volume in the cheeks
- Eyelid surgery, which lifts and smooths the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both
- Brow lift, which raises and visually lightens a "heavy" brow