Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Refresh your tired-appearing eyes with an eyelid lift, also known as eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty. Dr. Kent V. Hasen performs eyelid surgery at his Naples practice with discreetly positioned incisions that are nearly invisible once healed.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients who receive comments from others that they appear sad, tired or old.
- Men and women with excess skin that causes hooding of the upper lids.
- Patients who cannot easily apply makeup to the upper eyelids.
- Patients with excess skin, wrinkles, bags or puffiness to the lower eyelids.
- Patients who have drooping look to the corners of the eyes.
- Men and women who have difficulty seeing when looking upward.
If you are seriously considering eyelid surgery and you live near our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings. Not sure you're ready for eyelid surgery? Neotensil can effectively reduce the look of under-eye bags without an incision or needles.
Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty) Before & After Photos
This 50 year old woman is shown before and after her upper and lower blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) near Fort Myers and endoscopic brow lift. surgery by Dr. Kent Hasen, a board certified Plastic Surgeon based in Naples, Florida.
This 42 year old Naples woman is shown before and after brow lift and upper lid blepharoplasty surgery by Dr. Kent Hasen for lateral hooding that made her appear tired.
This 51 year old Cape Coral woman underwent the Upper Lid Blepharoplasty surgery by Naples based, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Kent Hasen.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
- The procedure is performed in our fully-accredited, private surgery suite in Naples, Florida, using local or general anesthesia. It is complete in about two to three hours for both eyes.
- In the upper eyelid, an incision is made in the natural crease and some of the excess skin and fat are removed.
- In the lower eyelid, the incision is made below the eyelashes or below the inside edge of the eyelid, and some of the excess skin and fat are removed.
- The muscles are tightened or lifted.
- This can be combined with a forehead lift or a face lift in Naples.
While patient experiences vary, in general you can expect the following progression after eyelid surgery:
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising which is at its maximum at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- You are able to apply make-up in three to four days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Some stitches removed at four days and the rest between seven and ten days.
- Off of work for three to four days.
The results of eyelid surgery vary between individuals and may include one or more of the following benefits:
- Very natural, rested and younger appearance.
- Better vision and no more heaviness or discomfort to the eyelids.
- Lasts for a long time, and looks better than if you did not have the surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the first week that continues to improve over the next three to six months.