Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Intense Pulsed Light Photofacial
Here in southwest Florida, many of us know all too well the damaging effects of long-term sun exposure. Blotches, spots, freckles, and more can be hard to cover up with makeup and may make us look older than we feel. At our med spa, intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments help skin care patients from Naples, Fort Myers, and other Florida communities reduce some evidence of past beach days for noticeably clearer, healthy looking skin.
If you are considering an IPL treatment at our Naples cosmetic center, we invite you to request a consultationrequest a consultation online for more information or to schedule your consultation. You can also call our office at (239) 262-5662.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
IPL is best suited for skin that's discolored or blotchy as the result of age, sun exposure, or certain medical conditions. IPL can effectively treat:
- Freckles and sun spots
- Age spots
- Uneven pigmentation
- Redness caused by broken capillaries
Although IPL can yield beautiful results on spots and color irregularities, it is not intended to treat loose skin, wrinkles, or fine lines. For patients who'd like to target these concerns, other treatments, such as injectables or Thermage® may be more suitable options. You may consider Lumenis® fractional laser treatments instead of IPL for more dramatic results with a single treatment (recovery for this treatment is longer). Dr. Hasen and his physician assistant, Brandie, have the knowledge necessary to get your skin glowing.
- Most people find IPL treatments to be fairly comfortable. Many people describe it as feeling like a light pinch or tingle.
- Most treatments last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- A qualified member of our medical staff first cleanses and applies a cooling gel to the targeted area of the skin.
- Dr. Hasen or Brandie then delivers pulses of light to the skin through the IPL handpiece.
- Patients may return home immediately following their IPL treatments.
- Most patients return to their regular activities immediately after treatment, although skin may temporarily appear red and swollen.
- Patients may wear makeup during the healing process.
- In many cases, discoloration intensifies as pigment is pulled to the skin's surface before fading.
- The final results of an IPL treatment gradually reveal themselves over the course of a few weeks.
- In many cases, patients may require a series of several treatments to achieve their best results. Dr. Hasen and Brandie work with each patient to help him or her determine which option is best. Multiple treatments are typically spaced about 3 weeks apart.
Find the Right
Treatment for You
If you're curious about which non-surgical treatment is right for you, check out our simple chart to help you narrow down your choices.Learn More