Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
Here in southwest Florida, many of us know all too well the damaging effects of long-term sun exposure. Blotches, spots, freckles, and more can be hard to cover up with makeup and may make us look older than we feel. At our med spa, intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments help skin care patients from Naples, Fort Myers, and other Florida communities reduce some evidence of past beach days for noticeably clearer, healthy looking skin.
If you are considering an IPL treatment at our Naples cosmetic center, we invite you to request a consultation online for more information or to schedule your consultation. You can also call our office at (239) 262-5662.
Shop SkinMedica® Online
Purchase your favorite SkinMedica products from the comfort of your home through Brilliant Connections™. Shop Dr. Hasen’s online store and choose from a broad selection of medical-grade skincare essentials that will be shipped straight to you.Shop Now
Who Is a Good Candidate?
IPL is best suited for skin that’s discolored or blotchy as the result of age, sun exposure, or certain medical conditions. IPL can effectively treat:
- Freckles and sun spots
- Age spots
- Uneven pigmentation
- Redness caused by broken capillaries
Although IPL can yield beautiful results on spots and color irregularities, it is not intended to treat loose skin, wrinkles, or fine lines. For patients who’d like to target these concerns, other treatments, such as injectables or Renuvion® nonsurgical skin tightening may be more suitable options. You may consider Lumenis® fractional laser treatments instead of IPL for more dramatic results with a single treatment (recovery for this treatment is longer). Cutera® Excel V™ is a no-downtime alternative to IPL that addresses the same concerns. Dr. Hasen and his physician assistant, Brandie, have the knowledge necessary to get your skin glowing.
How Much Does IPL Treatment Cost?
At our Naples, FL, practice, the average price of an IPL treatment ranges from $350 to $650. Dr. Hasen and Brandie will be able to give you a customized quote after your initial consultation.
Need Help Finding the Right Treatment?
When it comes to medical spa treatments, your choices are plentiful…and possibly overwhelming. Our interactive treatment planner can help. Just select the skin condition you want to address, and you’ll see a list of possible treatment options. Having beautiful skin has never been so easy.Plan Your Treatment
- For our IPL treatments—sometimes referred to as a photo facial—our Naples cosmetic center uses Lumecca by InMode Optimus.
- This IPL technology is optimized to treat facial pigmentation, superficial vessels, improve skin texture, and repair skin damage caused by the sun.
- Most patients get the desired results in 2 or 3 treatments rather than the 4 to 6 treatments needed with standard IPL treatment technologies.
- The large spot size and rapid pulsing of the light energy reduce treatment time.
- A sapphire cooling tip creates enhanced comfort during the treatment.
Our one-of-a-kind, board-certified physician assistant combines her medical training with extensive aesthetic training to provide nonsurgical treatments ranging from injectables and laser skin resurfacing to CoolSculpting® and Ultherapy®. Our patients love Brandie!Get to know Brandie
- Most people find IPL treatments to be fairly comfortable. Many people describe it as feeling like a light pinch or tingle.
- Most treatments last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- A qualified member of our medical staff first cleanses and applies a cooling gel to the targeted area of the skin.
- Dr. Hasen or Brandie then delivers pulses of light to the skin through the IPL handpiece.
- Patients may return home immediately following their IPL treatments.
- Most patients return to their regular activities immediately after treatment, although skin may temporarily appear red and swollen.
- Patients may wear makeup during the healing process.
- In many cases, discoloration intensifies as pigment is pulled to the skin’s surface before fading.
- The final results of an IPL treatment gradually reveal themselves over the course of a few weeks.
- In many cases, patients may require a series of several treatments to achieve their best results. Dr. Hasen and Brandie work with each patient to help him or her determine which option is best. Multiple treatments are typically spaced about 3 weeks apart.
Find the Right Treatment for You
If you’re curious about which non-surgical treatment is right for you, check out our simple chart to help you narrow down your choices.Learn More
A Reputation Built on Results
Our Patients Say It Best
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Kent V. Hasen, MD, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.