Eyelid Surgery in Naples and Fort Myers
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients who receive comments from others that they appear sad, tired or old.
- Patients with excess skin with hooding of the upper lids.
- Patients who cannot easily apply makeup to the upper eyelids.
- Patients with excess skin, wrinkles, bags or puffiness to the lower eyelids.
- Patients who have drooping look to the corners of the eyes.
- Patients who have difficulty seeing when looking upward.
If you are seriously considering eyelid surgery and you live near our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- The procedure is performed in our fully-accredited, private surgery suite in Naples, Florida, using local or general anesthesia. It is complete in about two to three hours for both eyes.
- In the upper eyelid an incision is made in the natural crease, excess skin and fat are removed.
- In the lower eyelid the incision is made below the eyelashes or below the inside edge of the eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed.
- The muscles are tightened or lifted.
- This can be combined with a forehead lift or a face lift in Naples.
- You can go home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising which is at its maximum at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- You are able to apply make-up in three to four days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by at least three weeks.
- Some stitches removed at four days and the rest between seven and ten days.
- Off of work for three to four days.
- Very natural, rested and younger appearance.
- Better vision and no more heaviness or discomfort to the eyelids.
- Lasts for a long time, and always looks better than if you did not have the surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the first week that continues to improve over the next three to six months.