Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients with heavy, sagging breasts often associated with breast pain, shoulder pain, back pain, nipple numbness, and shoulder grooves from heavy bra straps.
- Patients whose nipples are below the breast crease.
- Patients who have most of their breast volume in the sagging lower portion of the breast.
- Patients with large nipples and areolae.
- Patients who have a desire for a more youthful appearance to the breasts.
- Patients who want to be more comfortable and fit better into clothing.
If you are seriously considering breast reduction surgery and you live near our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- Deep sedation or general anesthesia is used for this 4-hour procedure, which can be done in our surgery center or at the hospital.
- Incisions depend on the size and contour of the breast and are slightly conspicuous. They can often be hidden around the areolae and in the lower breast crease. The vertical incision may heal slightly widened.
- A careful exam of the breast tissue is undertaken to make sure no abnormalities are present.
- Excess skin and breast gland is removed and tucked and lifted to a higher position on the chest wall.
- The nipples and areolae are elevated to a higher position and reduced in diameter.
- Drains are used for the first two days, and are removed painlessly in the office.
- This can be combined with other surgeries such as liposuction or a tummy tuck.
Click thumbnails below for larger view or click here for more cases on
The before and after pictures above depict ACTUAL PATIENTS of Naples Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kent V. Hasen. Your results may vary.
- You can go home after a few hours of recovery or you may stay overnight in the hospital if it is approved by your insurance company.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- A surgical bra with underlying gauze pads is placed on the breasts.
- Mild pain for the first two days that is mostly gone by the third day and easily controlled by medications.
- You will feel very groggy for the first two days and weak for about ten days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Usually only very mild bruising for our breast reduction patients from Ft. Myers and Naples.
- Breasts are square shaped for the first three weeks then settle into a very normal rounded position.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by the third week.
- Stitches are removed at ten to fourteen days.
- Off of work for five to seven days.
- Elevated and more pleasing size and shape to the breasts.
- Very natural result that improves with time.
- Under most circumstances, you are able to breast feed after the surgery.
- Usually, normal sensation to the nipples and skin is preserved.
- Much better proportion and fit into clothing.
- Ability to exercise and engage in strenuous activities much more comfortably.
- Natural and presentable appearance right away that improves over the next three to six months.