Beautiful, full lashes are a sign of youth and beauty. As we age, just as the hair on our head thins, eyelashes also become sparse. Follow these easy steps to encourage the health and natural beauty of your lashes.
- Always remove your eye makeup. Make removing your mascara and eye liner a nightly regimen. Use a gentle remover with a soft cotton pad. Do not pick or pull at lashes when removing mascara.
- Be kind to your lashes. Treat your lashes gently. Do not pick at your lashes during the day. Constantly pulling and picking on your lashes can cause them to fall out.
- Use a lash serum. Our office recommends the Alphaeon Eyelash serum and/or Latisse. The Alphaeon serum is non-prescription and contains peptides and biotin to help hydrate, condition, and strengthen lashes. Latisse is a prescription lash serum proven to help grow longer, fuller, and darker lashes. These products can even be used together for over-the-top lashes!
- Avoid false lashes. While false lashes are great for immediate gratification, the glue and chemicals found in the products, when used regularly, can cause irritation and discourage the health and growth of your natural lashes. Try to save the false lashes for special occasions only. You will be rewarded with your own natural, luscious lashes.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle. A diet full of vitamin and anti-oxidant rich foods is great not only for your body, hair, and nails, but also your eyelashes. It is also important to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated and eating your veggies will encourage the growth of healthy, full lashes.
- Use an anti-aging eye cream. Crow’s feet and sagging skin will distract from the beauty of your lashes. Use a medical grade eye cream to support the youthful appearance of your eyes.
What are your tried and true tips for achieving beautiful lashes? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Leave a Reply