We’ve been busy lately. Don’t get us wrong, we’re always busy doing the things we love: caring for our loyal patients, meeting new patients, teaching, and learning. But this is a different kind of busy. You may be aware that we are in the initial stages of our big move to a new building on Airport Pulling Road in Naples (if you aren’t familiar with the area, that’s across from Grey Oaks). While we can’t open the doors for a few more months, we can say this about our new facility: It’s beautiful. Our current building has its definite charms and has served us very well over the years, but the new building better represents our practice today.
Amid the planning, designing, and building, it’s easy to draw a parallel between our office’s facelift and the facelifts, breast augmentations, and BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments we perform for men and women in Naples every week. And it brings to mind the age-old anti-aging debate: Do good looks matter?
My answer? Yes, they do, when they help people feel better. When you look your best, you feel your best. There’s no denying that. It’s the same with our new space. While sparkly and new, it’s not exactly how it looks that matters most to us, but how our office makes our patients feel.
From the very beginning of this project, our goal has been to create a space focused on you. With each decision we have considered the question, “How would our patients react to this?”
Here are the 5 building blocks of success for creating a patient-centered plastic surgery center and med spa:
- High-tech, but luxurious: We offer our patients the latest technologies and treatments, but we also understand that all of those advanced tools can be a bit intimidating at first. So it is crucial that the space immediately put you at ease — as if you were at a friend’s house or a cozy boutique hotel. We furnished our building with comfortable waiting areas dressed in calming colors and peaceful prints.
- Convenient, yet private: It’s important that a plastic surgery practice offer convenience for patients, including a great location, ample parking, and a functional layout. But it’s equally vital that patients feel protected and safe. It is normal to feel anxious when considering cosmetic enhancement, but we have found that a private layout can ease some of these concerns.
- Fully staffed to meet a variety of needs and interests: At our office, each staff member has unique training and experience to help you along your journey. It’s not a “one-size-fits-all” approach. With a full crew of aestheticians, cosmeticians, laser specialists, and masseuses, you can be sure that all of your needs will be met.
- Overnight facilities for a comfortable recovery: Our state-of-the-art operating suite is equipped with overnight facilities for patients to recover easily and safely. This allows for restful recovery without the distractions and everyday demands of life at home.
- Room to grow: The list of benefits achievable through plastic surgery continues to get longer. At Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples, we are committed to adapting and learning along with technology. For this reason, we saw a need to operate out of a space that has abundant room for future expansion.
So yes, looks do matter when they are a means to reaching an improved feeling. We’ve never questioned or judged our patients for wanting to feel better, whether through facial rejuvenation, breast enhancement, or hair restoration. It’s important to do what you know to be best for yourself, and that’s exactly what we’re doing with this building upgrade.