Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Laser Hair Removal
Many men and women alike are annoyed by the constant maintenance of face and body hair. Trimming, shaving, waxing, plucking, and other methods can be uncomfortable and time-consuming — not to mention costly. Laser hair removal at our Naples med spa near Fort Myers, Florida, frees patients from the daily commitment of hair removal.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Men and women who are bothered by the presence of unwanted hair on their faces, arms, legs, bikini areas, chests, backs, and more make good candidates.
- People who are frustrated by the pain, expense, and time required for other hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing, and plucking can consider laser hair removal.
- It’s important patients understand the limitations of the procedure. Although laser hair removal will not leave an area completely hairless, it can significantly reduce the amount of unwanted hair in a given area.
- Patients should be able to commit to a course of several treatment sessions. Due to hair’s natural growth cycle, multiple treatments are recommended for the best results.
Laser Hair Removal
For Women & Men
- Arms & Legs
- Chest & Shoulders
- Bikini Area
- We use the InMode Optimus advanced laser hair removal device, which combines high peak power with large spot size to efficiently target hair follicles in the treatment area.
- The InMode Optimus technology is safe to use on virtually any area of the body that has unwanted hair. The most common treatment areas include the bikini area, legs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, and chin.
- The handheld laser device cools the skin as the treatment is performed, ensuring patients experience very little discomfort.
- The length of time required for a hair removal session varies depending on the area treated. Small areas, such as the chin, may take only a few minutes.
- During the procedure, Dr. Hasen or his physician assistant, Brandie, applies a laser handpiece to the area of unwanted hair. He or she adjusts the laser’s settings based on the color and quality of your hair.
- Laser energy is directed through the handpiece and into the unwanted hair in short bursts. The pigment in the hair absorbs the energy, which destroys the follicle to prevent future hair growth. The technology used in laser hair removal is similar to that of IPL.
- Although laser hair removal is not painful, some patients describe the sensation as a light pinch or sting, similar to snapping a rubber band against the skin.
- Patients can return to their normal activities as soon as the treatment session is complete. The treated skin may appear flushed and feel mildly sore for a day or so.
- We advise patients to stay out of the sun during their treatments in order to avoid undue irritation.
- Patients may shave in between treatments but should avoid waxing, plucking, and other hair removal methods that involve the hair’s root.
- In the long-term, laser hair removal patients enjoy freedom from shaving, waxing, and tweezing. Their skin stays smooth, soft, and free of unwanted hair indefinitely.