Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Laser Tattoo Removal
As tattoos become more common in the U.S., so does the desire to remove them. Removal processes in the past were often uncomfortable, ineffective, or time-consuming. Now, Kent V. Hasen, M.D., and his physician assistant, Brandie, offer a solution for stubborn ink. At our med spa, laser tattoo removal helps men and women from Naples and Fort Myers, Florida, and surrounding areas start fresh and enjoy their skin again.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Men and women who are bothered by the quality or presence of a tattoo often opt for laser tattoo removal.
- Although black and gray inks are easiest to remove, other colors may also be removed through more aggressive treatment.
- Tattoos of various sizes, shapes, and locations may be treated.
- Dr. Hasen or Brandie gives you a better idea of what your treatment will require during your consultation.
- Tattoos typically multiple treatment sessions, each one lasting between 15 and 30 minutes.
- At Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples, Dr. Hasen offers a tattoo removal protocol called R20. The R20 method allows Dr. Hasen or Brandie to perform 2 laser treatments in one day with a brief waiting period in between, which provides desired results in half the number of visits to our practice. Patients who undergo R20 removal often see a marked reduction in the appearance of the tattoo after just 1 session.
- Prior to the treatment, Dr. Hasen or Brandie cleanses the skin to be treated. He or she then adjusts the laser’s settings to target a certain color and depth of ink to give each patient the most optimal results.
- Dr. Hasen or Brandie applies the laser’s handpiece to the tattoo. As with other laser treatments, like laser hair removal, laser energy is delivered through this handpiece in short, quick bursts. The laser dissolves the ink’s pigment into very small particles. These particles are then safely cleared from the body through its normal processes.
- You may experience varying levels of discomfort during tattoo removal, which can depend on the tattoo’s location and complexity. Our staff can provide you with topical or local anesthetic to make your experience more comfortable.
- Following a session, the treated skin may blister and scab; this is normal.
- We advise our Naples tattoo removal patients that it’s important to avoid sun exposure during the healing process. Keeping the tattoo covered with clothing or a bandage is effective.
- As the area heals, it’s important to keep it clean by gently cleansing using a mild soap. Applying an ointment intended for sensitive skin can also make the healing process more efficient and comfortable.
- Over the course of your sessions, you’ll begin to notice your tattoo fading until it eventually becomes significantly less visible. Dr. Hasen or Brandie helps you understand the type of results you can expect from your treatment.