Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Erbium:YAG Laser Skin Resurfacing
As we grow older, our skin begins to reveal a lot about us. Although sun exposure and smile lines can be reminders of happy occasions, they can also make us look older than we feel. Kent V. Hasen, M.D., is happy to offer laser skin resurfacing in Naples, Florida, with our state-of-the-art Erbium:YAG laser. Unlike more aggressive lasers, the Erbium:YAG laser produces energy that is absorbed by water in the cells of the outer layer of skin, destroying them. Treatments with our Erbium:YAG laser are completely customizable, so you can treat as much or as little as you like.
If you are considering an Erbium:YAG laser treatment at Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples, we invite you to request a consultationrequest a consultation online for more information or to schedule your consultation. You can also call us at (239) 262-5662.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Thanks to its precision and gentle power, Erbium:YAG is an incredibly versatile laser. It can be used to treat many different skin concerns, including:
- Fine lines
- Sun damage, including freckles and discoloration
- Enlarged pores
- Skin with poor tone or rough texture
- Acne scarring
Erbium:YAG treatments aren't just for the face, either. Sun damage, discoloration, and other irregularities on the hands, décolleté, and body can also be treated for an allover improvement. For patients who wish for more targeted treatment of wrinkles, our staff may recommend injectable treatments or another service.
- Treatments generally take under an hour and don't require anesthesia.
- Dr. Hasen or his Physician Assistant, Brandie, adjusts the laser's settings to treat your desired concerns.
- He or she then applies the laser applicator to the targeted areas of your skin. This applicator delivers laser energy in short bursts.
- Patients may return home immediately following a laser resurfacing procedure.
- Your skin may be pink and feel sunburned immediately following your laser procedure.
- Most patients can apply makeup on the third day after treatment.
- It's very important to avoid sun exposure during the initial healing process. Apply a broad-spectrum sunblock of at least SPF 30 to the treated areas several times a day during the first few days after treatment.
- Over the next few days, the treated skin begins to peel away to reveal soft, even-toned, glowing skin.
- Patients require a series of three treatments to achieve best results.
- Results can be maintained for a long time, especially with good sun protection habits. We offer skin care products to use at home that can also help you prolong your results and improve your skin's overall health and beauty.
Find the Right
Treatment for You
If you're curious about which non-surgical treatment is right for you, check out our simple chart to help you narrow down your choices.Learn More