Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Croton Oil Peel (Modified Phenol or Hetter Peel)
Chemical peels have been around for decades. These peels address the textural changes that occur in the skin with the ravages of time and environmental factors like smoking, sun damage and facial expressions. Chemical peels vary in their strength, depth of penetration and thus their effect.
Superficial chemical peels like the MicroPeel® by BioMedic is directed at the top layer of dead skin cells whose turn-over slows as we age. By performing monthly MicroPeels your skin stays refreshed looking year round. This peel helps prevent further damage to the skin, but does not correct sun damage, age spots or wrinkles.
Medium depth peels usually involve the chemical TCA (trichloroacetic acid). The Obagi Blue Peel and the BioMedic Pigment Peel Plus are versions of this peel that target pigment and fine lines of the face. This peel causes a deep sun burn which peels off over the course of several days. Deeper lines will not be addressed with this type of medium depth TCA peel.
Croton Oil Peel Before & After Photos
This 50 year old woman was unhappy with the deep lines of the around the eyes, lips and cheeks. She wanted the texure of the facial skin to be improved. She decided to have board certified plastic surgeon, Kent V. Hasen, M.D. of Naples, Florida perform a deep chemical peel to help address the aging facial changes. As a cosmetic surgeon of the face, Dr. Hasen can offer his patients many options for facial rejuvenation that range from nonsurgical to surgical interventions. For this patient, Dr. Hasen proposed a Croton Oil Peel (Hetter Peel or modified Phenol Peel). This leads to impressive long term improvement in the texture of the skin withou...
This 56 year old female who was concerned with the deep lines of the face including the lip lines from years of smoking and sun damage. This patient desired improvement in the wrinkles around her mouth and face along with the texture of her skin. She consulted with board certified plastic surgeon, Kent V. Hasen, M.D. of Naples, Florida. As a facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Hasen can offer his patients many options for facial rejuvenation that range from nonsurgical to surgical interventions. For this patient, Dr. Hasen proposed a Croton Oil Peel (Hetter Peel or modified Phenol Peel). There tends to be less pigment loss with this deep peel than s...
This 59 year old woman was concerned with the appearance of her face with the deepening of facial lines and wrinkles. After consultation with facial cosmetic surgeon, Kent V. Hasen, M.D. of Naples, Florida, she decided to undergo a deep chemical peel of the face called a Croton Oil Peel. This peel is also known as a Phenol Peel or the Hetter Peel. The Croton Oil peel works very well for deep lines and sun spots of the face. The recovery is difficult for the first 2 weeks, but the results speak for themselves. The facial skin stays red for 2 months after the peel, but this can be easily covered up with make-up. The patient is shown just 3 weeks after t...
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
The deepest peels have a combination of Croton Oil and Phenol. We have found the best results from the Croton Oil or Modified Phenol Peel also known as the Hetter formula peel or Hetter Peel. Dr. Gregory Hetter modified the original Baker-Gordon Formula of Phenol Peel. This deep chemical peel is the only to truly address the textural changes of the skin caused by sun damage, smoking and aging. By improving the deep structure of the skin, the Hetter Peel results in dramatic and lasting change of sun damaged and wrinkled skin. The end result is healthier skin that is radiant, smoother and thicker.
A lighter version of this Croton Oil Peel can be used as a means to treat early textural changes in younger patients. The recovery is less than the deeper peel for more severe cases. In treating loose, wrinkled skin around the eyes, the Croton Oil Peel is especially powerful.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients in the Southwest Florida area with wrinkled and sun damaged skin.
- Patients with deep textural changes of the skin that makes the skin look aged.
- Patients with loose, wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Young patients with early textural changes of the skin who desire a lighter treatment to refreshing their look.
If you are seriously considering a Croton Oil (Hetter) peel and you would like to visit our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- Sun avoidance will help calm your skin pigment cells down in the preceding weeks of the peel.
- All patients are put on a facial skin care regimen of Tretinoin cream (Retin-A) and the Obagi Condition and Enhance treatment kit to use for a full 6 weeks ahead of the peel. This allows your skin to get the maximal benefits from the peel and minimizes the post-peel redness.
- Operating in our fully-accredited, private surgery suite in Naples, Florida, intravenous sedation anesthesia is given to make you relaxed.
- The peel takes about an hour to perform.
- The face and neck are injected with long acting local anesthesia to help with post-peel pain.
- The peeled areas are then covered with a polysporin ointment.
Recuperation and Healing
- You can go home after an hour of recovery in our surgery center.
- You can shower on the next day after the peel.
- Mild pain that is mostly gone by the fifth or sixth day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is severe in the first 24 hours then decreases to very mild by the third day.
- Minimal bruising which peaks at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- Ointment needs to be applied to the skin several times a day to keep it moist.
- The skin must be washed several times a day to keep crust from forming until it has resurfaced.
- You are able to apply make-up once the skin has healed usually between 8 – 12 days.
- You can comfortably appear in public 2 weeks after the peel with cover-up make-up applied.
- Redness disappears from the face over the next 2 months.
- Resume many activities within the second week, and most by three weeks.
- Able to return to work in 12 - 14 days.
- Very natural and younger appearance.
- Healthier skin that appears radiant, smoother and thicker.
- Lasts for several years and many patients look better and better as the years pass.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the second week that continues to improve over the next six to nine months.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are eyelid lift, brow lift and face lift in Naples. Some patients choose nonsurgical treatments with BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers like Restylane®; JUVÉDERM®; Radiesse®; Sculptra®; and Perlane® to enhance their results.
- This procedure is cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
- The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.