Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Cosmetic Surgery Statistics For 2004
- More than 9.2 million cosmetic were performed in 2004 in the United States.
- 700% increase in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures between 1992 and 2004.
- 53% increase in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures between 2002 and 2004.
- Top five Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic Injections (over 3 million)
- Chemical Peel (1.1 million)
- Microdermabrasion (859,000)
- Laser Hair Removal (574,000)
- Sclerotherapy (545,000)
- Top five Cosmetic Surgical Procedures
- Liposuction (325,000)
- Nose reshaping (305,000)
- Breast Augmentation (264,000)
- Eyelid Surgery (233,000)
- Facelift (114,000)
- Breast augmentation was the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure with women in 2004, with 264,000 women having the procedure - an increase of 24% since 2000.
- Nose reshaping was the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure with men in 2004, with 109,971 men having the procedure.
- Nearly 5 times as many tummy tucks were performed by ASPS members in 2002 than 1992.
- Facelifts increased 84% between 1992 and 2002.
- Nearly one third of all patients (32 percent) had multiple procedures during a single session.
- 87% of all cosmetic surgery patients were women.
- 65,000 more breast reductions were done in 2004 than 1992.