Kent V. Hasen, MD: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Med Spa of Naples
3699 Airport Pulling Road North
Naples, FL 34105
Phone: (239) 262-5662
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
TCA Pigment Peel
Who is a Candidate?
- Patients in the Naples area with hyperpigmentation (sun spots or age spots) of the facial skin.
- Patients with environmentally damaged skin.
- Patients with actinic (sun) damage.
- Patients with fine lines.
- Patients with rough skin.
If you are seriously considering a chemical peel treatment and would like to come to our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for special consultation savings.
- A more even appearance to the complexion and coloration of the facial skin.
- A reduction in the appearance of stubborn pigmentation that less aggressive peels and skin care have not been able to resolve.
- A natural and presentable appearance after one week.
Need Help Finding the Right Treatment?
When it comes to medical spa treatments, your choices are plentiful…and possibly overwhelming. Our interactive treatment planner can help. Just select the skin condition you want to address, and you'll see a list of possible treatment options. Having beautiful skin has never been so easy.Plan Your Treatment
- The skin must be prepped before the peel to maximize safety and results.
- For 7 -14 days pre-peel, BioMedic Retinol 60 or another Retin-A® formulation must be used nightly.
- Valtrex® is given 1 day before and continued for 3 days after for patients with history of cold sores.
- Dark skinned patients may need pretreatment with a bleaching agent a few weeks before the peel.
- Minimize sun exposure the week before the peel.
- TCA (Trichloracetic Acid) is a frequently used acid for medium and deep peeling of the skin.
- The BioMedic TCA Pigment Peel Plus also contains salicylic acid for clearer skin, a special modifier to assure even penetration and a colorless accelerator that leaves no residual coloration.
- The skin is prepped and the peel solution is applied.
- The peel solution is slowly absorbed and neutralized by the body.
Recuperation and Healing:
- The patient goes home with no dressing or bandages.
- Downtime ranges from five to seven days.
- Mild redness / irritation / swelling can be present for the first several days.
- The skin will flake and peel for 5 – 7 days.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are: injectable treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic and facial fillers such as Restylane®, JUVÉDERM®, RADIESSE®, Sculptra® Aesthetic, and Perlane®.
- This procedure is cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
- The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All non-surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
BioMedic® TCA Pigment Peel – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Pigment Peel Plus?
What are the indications for this peel?
Who is not a candidate for this peel?
What is the difference between this peel and the MicroPeel or Glycolic Acid Peels?
Why is it important to prepare the skin prior to a Pigment Peel Plus?
What should I use to prep my skin?
What should I take if I get cold sores easily?
How is freshly peeled skin treated and protected?
When can I resume retinols and hydroquinone post peel?
What is the actual down time expected from the Pigment Peel Plus?
Can the peel be repeated?
Yes, many people have the peel once a year to freshen up their skin and remove new pigmentation. If the first peel does not remove as much pigmentation as hoped, it can be reapplied safely at 8 weeks.