Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Rhinoplasty in Naples is ideal for those who are concerned with the appearance of their noses.
- Patients who feel their nose is: long, large, hooked, or has a bump or bulbous tip.
- Patients whose nose is out of proportion with the rest of the facial features.
- Patients with difficulty breathing or continued sinus drainage.
- Patients who want to achieve a softened, delicate, and balanced nasal appearance.
If you are seriously considering rhinoplasty near Fort Myers, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- Rhinoplasty is done under general anesthesia and the surgery takes two to three hours.
- Very well concealed incisions are made inside the nostrils, and occasionally across the lower midsection.
- Excess bone and cartilage is removed, reshaped, or redistributed. The skin molds down around this rearranged framework to arrive at the final cosmetic appearance.
- The septal cartilage in the middle of the nose is removed or molded to allow for better breathing.
- Packing is seldom required.
- A splint is applied over the nose for a week to hold the tissues in place and decrease swelling.
- A chin implant often compliments this procedure and improves the profile.
Click thumbnails below for larger view or click here for more cases on Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
The before and after pictures above depict ACTUAL PATIENTS of Naples Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kent V. Hasen. Your results may vary.
- You can return home after several hours.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Some congestion and nasal drip for two to three days.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising between the eyes and cheeks which peaks at two days then disappears rapidly by seven to ten days.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by the third week.
- Stitches are removed at seven days.
- Off of work for three to seven days.
- Natural look without the "operated" or "nose job" appearance of the older techniques.
- A softened and beautiful balance to compliment your other facial features and proportions.
- Lasts the rest of your life, and always looks better than if you did not have the nose reshaping surgery.
- Natural and presentable appearance after the first week that continues to improve over the next six to nine months.