The human body is a work of art, and the face is the most noticeable part of the body. When factors like sun exposure, weight changes, gravity and time combine, your face may look older than you feel. In this case, face lift surgery may be a good option. Face lift surgery has come a long way over the past 50 years. The results are much more natural appearing, but long lasting. A fat transfer of your own fat - rich in stem cells - is commonly combined with the procedure to help restore volume that has been lost over the years.
If you are seriously considering a face lift in Naples and you live near our office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultationspecial consultation savings.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Patients with loose, sagging facial skin.
- Patients with loose, hanging skin along the jowls and neck.
- Patients with a double chin or loose neck.
- Patients with excess fat in the cheeks, jowls, and neck.
- Patients with sunken cheek pads.
- The procedure is performed in our fully-accredited, private surgery suite in Naples, Florida, using local or general anesthesia. It is complete in about three to five hours.
- A thin incision that extends from within the hairline above the ear, continuing in front and inside the ear, around the earlobe, in the crease, and into the back of the hairline. No hair is shaved.
- Excess skin is removed and the face is lifted and tightened.
- Deep layer surgery on the underlying tissue (SMAS) which is separated from the skin and lifted for important internal support that makes the facelift result last longer.
- Excess fat removed from under the chin.
- Small drains are in place for one day and are removed painlessly.
- A bulky dressing is removed on the first post-operative day.
- This can be combined with the eyelid surgery, forehead lift or other procedures.
- We recommend that you stay overnight in our post-operative recovery area with a registered nurse in order to receive excellent care in the initial hours after the procedure.
- You can shower on the second day after surgery.
- Minimal pain that is mostly gone by the second or third day and easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- Minimal bruising which peaks at two days then disappears rapidly by two to three weeks.
- You are able to apply make-up in seven to ten days and comfortably appear in public at that time.
- Resume many activities within the first week, and most by three weeks.
- Stitches removed between four days and ten days.
- Naples and Fort Myers face lift patients are able to return to work in seven to ten days.
- Very natural, rested, younger appearance.
- Lasts for several years and always looks better than if you did not have surgery.
- Beautiful and graceful, not a windswept look.
- Natural and presentable appearance in the first week that continues to improve over the next six to nine months