Liposuction of the Face and Neck (Liposculpture)
Who Is a Good Candidate?
- Younger patients in the Naples area with thick heavy necks.
- Patients who have the desire for a more youthful appearance.
If you are seriously considering facial liposuction and you live near our Naples office, we invite you to contact us for more information or to schedule your consultation. Be sure to register online for a special consultation savingsconsultation savings.
- Anesthesia for liposuction can vary from local anesthesia only to mild sedation to general anesthesia.
- The procedure takes about 30-60 minutes.
- The incisions are about 1/16th of an inch and under the chin and behind each earlobe.
- The procedure involves placing a dilute (tumescent) lidocaine solution into the fatty areas for numbing effect. This advanced anesthetic technique virtually eliminates any pain during the procedure, post-operative pain, or bruising.
- Small instruments connected to suction are then used to vacuum out the fat carefully and artistically.
- No drains are used.
- A light dressing and a gentle compression garment is recommended for two days but not mandatory.
- In many cases, liposuction can be combined with a face lift for those who have excess skin or sagging on the lower face in addition to fat deposits.
- Virtually immediate return to almost all activity without restriction. Some patients return to work the same day.
- You can shower the next day.
- There is only minimal discomfort and almost no pain. If present, it is easily controlled by medications.
- Swelling is mild to moderate for the first week, and rapidly disappears thereafter.
- No grogginess or loss of energy is experienced.
- Makeup can be applied as early as the next day.
- The stitches are removed at three days.
- Usually no time off work is necessary.
- Beautiful, balanced and proportioned contour that is immediately seen and continues to improve.
- More confident and comfortable with your appearance.
- Lasts the rest of your life especially if you maintain your weight, and your neck will always looks better than if you didn't do the liposuction of that area.
- If you gain weight, you do not gain much in the treated areas.